Graduate Open Studies
Graduate Open Studies
Those who want to take courses at ILT but do not wish to be part of a degree program may enroll as open studies students. Credits earned by open studies students may later be counted toward a degree, provided the student has completed the full application process and been admitted into the degree program.
Zero Student Debt
Our goal is for every student to graduate with no debt. Our donor-sponsored financial assistance makes that possible.
$425 per Credit Hour
Ask about a half-price option.
*Tuition cost is subject to change. Additional costs may apply.
Open Studies allows students to build their own program, often to fulfill colloquy requirements, take specific courses or to meet specific learning goals.
More Information Below
Since Open Studies students build their coursework to meet their own goals, timelines will vary. Students can take as many courses as they wish for as long as they wish without restrictions.
*Additional costs may apply. (Application fee, books, costs associated with researching and producing the independent projects or the final project or thesis, etc.) are also the responsibility of the participant.
Course of Study
Those students who want to take courses at ILT but do not wish to be part of a degree program may enroll as Open Studies students. Credits earned by open studies students may later be counted toward a degree, provided the student has completed the full application process and been admitted into the degree program.
- Completion of online application form.
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions. Transcripts must demonstrate a minimum GPA of 2.50 on a 4.00-point scale or equivalent (Applicants with a GPA of less than 2.50 may be admitted on Academic Probation). Applicants are required to have their official transcripts sent directly to the Office of Admissions.
- Applicants whose native language is not English are required to submit a score from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or from the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) that is not more than two years old. Normally, minimum acceptable scores for the TOEFL are 26 on the speaking section and 24 on the writing section. Minimum acceptable scores on the IELTS are 8 on the speaking section and 6.5 on the writing section. Please request that your score be sent to ILT. ILT’s DI Code for the TOEFL is 5745. More information concerning TOEFL can be accessed at the Education Testing Services website: https://www.ets.org. Information regarding the IELTS can be found at https://www.ielts.org.
- Non-Refundable Application Fee
- Copy of an official photo identification.